Sunday 8 April 2012

Vocabulary


I know I am on post overload today.... trying to get my head around this blogging business! Thought I'd practise uploading images by sharing my vocabulary wall. I came up with this idea a few years ago to encourage my class to use the word wall. When a child uses a good word during shared writing, I add it to the word wall. The children love having their word put on a star and the whole class will make an effort to use it in their writing because they know it is a WOW word.

The board itself is not too difficult to make. I laminated the stars and use whiteboard pens when writing on them so when a word gets 'old' it can be rubbed off and the star can be used for a fresher word. The board is right in my teaching area so it can be easily accessed when a super word is mentioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment